RULES & REGULATIONS
COLLEGE AVE MADNESS
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
ODDS OF WINNING ARE DEPENDENT UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. TWO PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ONE PERSON TO WIN BOTH PRIZES.
LIMIT ONE NOMINATION PER PERSON; PER MATCH-UP THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE VOTE PER DAY, PER DEVICE AND PER BROWSER; ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS AND CRITERIA AND THE WINNER(S) MAINTAINING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AS DEFINED IN THESE RULES & REGULATIONS. IF AN ENTRANT IS AN ELIGIBLE MINOR IN HIS OR HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, HIS OR HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AGREES TO THESE RULES & REGULATIONS ON BEHALF OF HIS OR HER MINOR CHILD; BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES & REGULATIONS, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THESE RULES & REGULATIONS INCLUDE INDEMNITIES TO THE ADMINISTRATOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility:“College Ave Madness” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States of America who are at least the age of majority or an eligible minor in his or her state of residence. Employees of College Avenue Student Loans, LLC and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and agencies that are involved in this Sweepstakes, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Administrator:The Sweepstakes is administered and sponsored by College Avenue Student Loans, LLC, 1105 N. Market St., Wilmington, Delaware.
- Agreement to Rules & Regulations:By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- Promotion Period:The “Nomination Period” for the Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Monday, March 6, 2017 and ends at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 15, 2017; the “Voting Period” begins on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends periodically as set forth in Section 6. Voting, below, (together, the Nomination Period and the Voting Periods constitute the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s (or its designee’s) computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter:There are two ways to enter (together, “Nominators” and “Voters,” defined below, constitute “Entrants;” their submission, an “Entry”):
- To become a “Nominator,” during the Nomination Period visit collegeavestudentloans.com/collegeavemadness and sign up for the Sweepstakes by following the links and instructions to complete the nomination form. Complete and submit the nomination form, which includes identifying your favorite school. You then will receive one Entry into the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Sweepstakes entry services) will void all Entries by that Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. By submitting an email address, Entrant consents to being contacted by College Avenue Student Loans, LLC via email. An Entrant attempting to use multiple email addresses may be disqualified, at Administrator’s sole discretion.
- To become a “Voter,” during the Voting Period use your email address to vote for your favorite school in each match-up. You will then receive one Entry into the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Sweepstakes entry services) will void all Entries by that Entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. By submitting an email address, Entrant consents to being contacted by College Avenue Student Loans, LLC via email. An Entrant attempting to use multiple email addresses may be disqualified, at Administrator’s sole discretion.
- You may also enter by mailing your name and email address to the Administrator at College Ave Madness Sweepstakes, 1105 N. Market St., 20th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801. By submitting an email address, Entrant consents to being contacted by College Avenue Student Loans, LLC via email. An Entrant attempting to use multiple email addresses may be disqualified, at Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Only one Entry per email address will be used to qualify for each random drawing regardless of the number of times that the particular email address submitted a nomination or vote, but it is possible for the same email address to win both random drawings.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF AN ENTRANT ENTERS THIS SWEEPSTAKES ON HIS/HER MOBILE DEVICE. NOT ALL MOBILE TELEPHONE/WIRELESS PROVIDERS CARRY THE SERVICE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THESE SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANTS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR WIRELESS PROVIDER’S PRICING PLANS. MOBILE ENTRY IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- Voting: The thirty-two (32) schools with the most Nominations will be selected as “Finalists” by the College Ave Selection Committee. The thirty-two (32) Finalists will be seeded according to the number of Nominations the Finalist had with the Finalist having the most Nominations receiving the top seed (seed #1) (in the event of a tie between or among Finalists in the seeding process, seeding will be assigned randomly). The bracket will progress with one-on-one match-ups through three preliminary “Rounds” to two Semi-Final match-ups to a Championship match-up. The Finalist whose digital image receives the most votes during the respective Voting Period will be declared the winner of the corresponding match-up, will become eligible to move on to the successive match-up (if applicable). In the event of a tie between Finalists in the voting process, the Finalist with the higher seed will be declared the winner of the match-up. There is a maximum of five match-ups that can be won by a Finalist. The school that wins the Championship match-up will be declared the College Ave Madness Champion. The Voting Period is as follows:
|Round||Voting Begins||Voting Ends|
|Round of 32||March 20th 11 AM ET||March 24th 4 PM ET|
|Round of 16||March 25th 11 AM ET||March 28th 4 PM ET|
|Round of 8||March 29th 11 AM ET||March 31st 4 PM ET|
|Semi-Finals||April 1st 11 AM ET||April 2nd 4 PM ET|
|Championship||April 3rd 11 AM ET||April 3rd 10 PM ET|
- Winner Selection and Prizes:Following the conclusion of the Promotion Period, a random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator and/or its designated agent whose decisions are final and binding. There are two Prizes:
- $4,000 Prize: Each potential winner (subject to verification) will be determined via a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- $1,000 Prize: Each potential winner (subject to verification) will be determined via a random drawing from only those Entries who nominated or voted for the Finalist which wins the Championship match-up.
The odds of winning a “Prize” depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Prize is non-transferable. Name changes are not allowed once provided to the Administrator. Total Prize value: $5,000. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. Other restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Winner Notification: Each Prize winner will be notified via email by the Administrator within two (2) days of the random drawing. If the Prize winner fails to respond to the email notification within ten (10) days of such notification, the Administrator may conduct another random drawing for the applicable Prize in accordance with the procedures above.
- Requirements of Potential Winner:Prize winners must continue to comply with the Rules & Regulations; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In addition, within five (5) days of an acknowledged notification or within such time period as agreed to by the Administrator, the Prize winners (and parent/legal guardian if the Prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) (each) may be required, (a) to sign and return to Administrator,: an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) , (b) to provide their legal name, address and social security number, (c) to complete a W-9 IRS Tax Form, and (d) to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator in order to claim their Prize. If the Prize winners fail to do any of the above in the proscribed time period, they may be disqualified and forfeit the Prize. In the event that a Prize winner is disqualified for this or any other reason, Administrator will conduct another random drawing for the applicable Prize in accordance with the procedures above.
- Publicity:Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent for Administrator and its designees to use Entrant’s name, likeness and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
- General Conditions:In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Administrator may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules & Regulations; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the Prizes via random drawing to Entrants who are eligible as of the date of such impairment. The Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Rules & Regulations or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules & Regulations shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Administrator is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete, entries not received by the entry deadline, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone, computer hardware or software, and other technical errors or failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s electronic device (including but not limited to computer, tablet or phone) related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes; unauthorized human intervention; failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online regardless of cause. Proof of submission of an entry is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by the Administrator. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Administrator reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Rules & Regulations.Internet caution: any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law. Administrator reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the program as determined by the Administrator in their sole discretion.In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online, and the Administrator will award the Prizes via random drawing to Entrants who are eligible as of the date of such termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific individual entitled to receive Prize, Entry will be declared made by the “authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrant may be requested to provide Administrator with proof that the Entrant is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address associated with the e-mail account. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to the Administrator and its partners to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting Prize, winner agrees to release and hold Administrator, the promotional partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses and liability arising out of use/acceptance of Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any Prize. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by the Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Administrator. Administrator and its promotional partners are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes.
- Release, Limitations of Liability and Indemnification:
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless College Avenue Student Loans, LLC, and their respective shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to the Entrant or third persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any Prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes Entry. The Administrator reserves the right to not award the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes:Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal courts of the State of Delaware; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules & Regulations, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Delaware or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Delaware.Publication and Assignment of Rights to Submissions: Entries cannot defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal, privacy or property rights or any other third party rights. If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by the Administrator in the manner set forth in these Rules & Regulations, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. If any identifiable person appearing in the Entry is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian is required to provide permission. The Administrator reserves the right to require proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to the Administrator from any Entrant at any time. The Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any Entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with the Administrator ‘s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with these Rules & Regulations, in its sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to assign all right, title, and interest, including copyright rights, in the Entry to College Avenue Student Loans, LLC and grant permission for College Avenue Student Loans, LLC and its respective designees to publish or publicize all or part of their Entry, including but not limited to Entrant’s name, likeness and photo, in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional and trade or other purposes in conjunction with this and similar promotions in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or permission and without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Furthermore, Entrant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that interferes with the rights granted to Administrator under these Rules & Regulations.BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT HIS/HER NAME, MAY BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OTHER PAGES ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC., THE INTERNET, TELEVISION, RADIO, AND PRINT AT ADMINISTRATOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, AND ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE REPOSTED BY THE PUBLIC OR OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENTARY, FOR WHICH ADMINISTRATOR OR ITS AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE.
- Sweepstakes Results: Winning results will be posted on www.collegeavestudentloans.com/collegeavemadnesson April 30, 2017 by 10:00 p.m. ET or as soon thereafter as practicable.