10 Things to Know When Student Loan Shopping
Let us take a guess…you’re an 18-year old who graduated high school a few weeks ago, accepted an offer to go to your dream school, and is making a list of all the dorm-room necessities to buy at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Or maybe you’re a seasoned vet at this point, preparing to go into your last year of college, working at your summer internship, thinking about what the next step in your journey is going to be.
Or maybe you’re a parent sending your first child off to college, worrying about not only the little things like whether they can handle their own laundry and grocery shopping but also the big things like how to pay the tuition bill.
No matter which one fits you best, there’s no doubt it can be a stressful time of year. On top of all the other things to worry about when going off to college (or sending your kids off to college), many people are also confronted with the dilemma of figuring out how to pay for college.
How to go about getting a student loan? How do I find a student loan? These questions often lead to researching student loans, which can be complicated and confusing. But it doesn’t have to be. At College Ave Student Loans, we believe in simplifying the process and presenting the information in a way that’s easy to understand.
To get you started, we put together a list of important lessons as you research student loans, including:
- Understanding How Lending (and Borrowing) Works
- Federal vs. Private Student Loans
- Variable vs. Fixed Interest Rates
- All Loans Are Not Created Equal
- Making Payments While In School Reduces the Total Cost of Your Loan
- Don’t Wait Until the Last Minute to Get a Student Loan
- Understand the Importance of Credit Scores Prior to Applying
- You Will Likely Need to Apply with a Cosigner
- Look Out for Origination and Disbursement Fees or Prepayment Penalties
- Don’t Forget About the Auto-Pay Discount
Click here to download the guide.
Our lessons are designed to equip you with the knowledge needed to make smart decisions when evaluating student loan options, and finding the best private student loan for your situation.
Our guide to student loans has everything you need to know to make the best decision when shopping for a student loan.