What Do Graduate Student Loans Cover?
What types of degree programs can a graduate student loan cover?
A graduate student loan can cover school costs for most master’s, doctoral, or advanced professional degree programs, including the examples listed below, and many more.
If you’re wondering whether grad school is the right investment for you, do your homework. Check out the ‘Is Grad School Worth the Investment?‘ post on our blog, or other resources like Payscale’s annual College Salary Report that ranks the highest paying graduate degrees.
Examples of eligible degree programs:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
Other Professional Programs, including but not limited to:
- Master of Business (MBA, MBus, MBS)
- Master of Computer Science (MCS)
- Master of Economics
- Master of Engineering (including Aerospace, Biomedical, Civil, Chemical, Computer, Systems, etc.)
- Master of Education
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Statistics
Other Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs, including but not limited to:
- Doctor of Engineering (including Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Doctor of Economics
- Doctor of Organic Chemistry
- Doctor of Political Science
- Doctor of Statistics