DevOps & Data Architecture Team
Major responsibilities include development, design, and production support of SQL Server database objects. This individual must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to think on their own with limited structure and supervision. Core areas of focus include stored procedure creation, ETL, server performance, database process design, and data analysis.
The position is an important part of College Ave’s DevOps & Data Architecture Team reporting to Nick Stommel.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2017/2019 databases
- Manage client communications & requirements gathering
- Data extraction, query & API development across a broad variety of platforms including Microsoft, Google, Salesforce and other 3rd party providers
- SQL Server code development (Adhoc and production)
- Create and manage SSIS packages
- Monitor and troubleshoot ETL jobs daily using BCP, DTSRUN, SSIS and other tools
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Manage and maintain database changes in Development, QA, Staging and Production
- Ability to perform ad-hoc analysis and quickly adapt to changes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional oral, written and customer service skills.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience with a variety of data structures and API’s including Google Analytics & BigQuery
- Tableau and/or SSRS experience
- Salesforce Experience
- Knowledge derived from experiences with more complex database systems.
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Must be an independent thinker and can work with limited supervision
- Support a risk and compliance culture
- BS/BA Degree
- 3+ years relevant database experience.
Interested and qualified persons should send an electronic copy of their resume and any questions to:
Russ AppletonHead of Human ResourcesCollege Ave Student Loansrappleton@collegeave.com
Founded in 2014
Approximately 50 Employees
College Ave Student Loans (“College Ave”) specializes in helping students and families pay for higher education. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best experience and aim to do the same for our employees. At College Ave, we’ve brought together a top-notch team of selfless problem solvers, each dedicated to doing the right thing for our customers. Our financial services experience runs deep, but our love of corporate red-tape does not, so we’ve created an environment that is comfortable, performance driven, and extremely collaborative. While we don’t take ourselves too seriously, we understand the commitment our customers are making and always give the professional dedication they deserve. We’re looking for honesty and integrity; adaptability and a strong work ethic; a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial spirit. We say what we do and do what we say; we want people to speak up and offer constructive feedback and critique; and we are looking for people who are team players, invested in the company’s overall success. As a result, there is a single bonus plan for all staff, College Ave’s plans and priorities are made available to everyone in the organization, and information is shared within and across functional groups in a transparent manner.