Collections Vendor Programs Manager
Head of Customer Operations
The Collections Vendor Programs Manager oversees the Collections arm of the Customer Operations organization and is responsible for ensuring all policies, procedures and regulations are followed during the collection process. Partners directly with third party agencies through various touch points that will improve the collections strategies and maintain a high level of brand acceptance. Focused on creating a positive and professional environment where delinquent account holders view the collection team as knowledgeable, helpful and a solution provider.
The Collections Manager falls under the Chief Operating Officer’s remit and will report directly to the Head of Customer Operations, working as part of the customer operations team alongside CASL’s vendors. This falls within the function of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the Credit and Risk Modeling teams to develop collections strategies for the recovery of delinquent student loans and post-charge off recovery
- Monitors collection and loss trends and effectively communicates these trends to executive management
- Develops and implements collection strategies that maximize resources while minimizing expenses and losses
- Identifies opportunities to improve contact and payment rates
- Partner with the Servicing Vendor Manager to ensure that all back-office processing is completely accurately and in a timely manner
- Evaluate agent level workloads to ensure adequate staffing is maintained by the collections agencies and make recommendations for staffing increases as necessary
- Directs the collection of past due accounts to maintain delinquency percentage and losses with acceptable levels
- Ensures that collection programs offered to customers are administered effectively and comply with company guidelines and procedures
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations and company collection policies
- Approves and controls collection-related expenses; ensuring that expenses are necessary and reasonable
- Ensures a strong and closely monitored control environment to effectively mitigate risk
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews as required
- Reviews and analyzes all available reports and metrics to determine trends and opportunities for process and efficiency improvement
Experience & Qualifications:
- 9-12 years of experience in a corporate collections environment, at least three of which must be leading a collections team
- Familiarity with traditional industry collection metrics and strategies
- Thorough knowledge of current technology; including collections, call center, and predictive dialing technology
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver executive presentations
- Deep understanding of private student loan origination and servicing processes
- Basic knowledge of on-line collection systems
Some travel required (5%).
Founded in 2014
Approximately 50 Employees
College Ave Student Loans (“College Ave”) specializes in helping students and families pay for higher education. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best experience and aim to do the same for our employees. At College Ave, we’ve brought together a top-notch team of selfless problem solvers, each dedicated to doing the right thing for our customers. Our financial services experience runs deep, but our love of corporate red-tape does not, so we’ve created an environment that is comfortable, performance driven, and extremely collaborative. While we don’t take ourselves too seriously, we understand the commitment our customers are making and always give the professional dedication they deserve. We’re looking for honesty and integrity; adaptability and a strong work ethic; a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial spirit. We say what we do and do what we say; we want people to speak up and offer constructive feedback and critique; and we are looking for people who are team players, invested in the company’s overall success. As a result, there is a single bonus plan for all staff, College Ave’s plans and priorities are made available to everyone in the organization, and information is shared within and across functional groups in a transparent manner.