Employees: Approximately 45
College Ave Student Loans ("College Ave") specializes in helping students and families pay for higher education. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best experience and aim to do the same for our employees. At College Ave, we’ve brought together a top-notch team of selfless problem solvers, each dedicated to doing the right thing for our customers. Our financial services experience runs deep, but our love of corporate red-tape does not, so we’ve created an environment that is comfortable, performance driven, and extremely collaborative. While we don’t take ourselves too seriously, we understand the commitment our customers are making and always give the professional dedication they deserve. We’re looking for honesty and integrity; adaptability and a strong work ethic; a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial spirit. We say what we do and do what we say: we want people to speak up and offer constructive feedback and critique, and we want team players who will be invested in the company’s overall success. As a result, there is a single bonus plan for all staff, College Ave’s plans and priorities are made available to everyone in the organization, and information is shared within and across functional groups in a transparent manner.
THE POSITION SUMMARY
College Ave is seeking a loan accountant to perform a variety of loan accounting functions, with a primary focus on assisting with loan trades and reporting, loan disbursements and reconciliation, settlement, and journal entries recording loan transactions.
- Assists with Loan Trade Transactions, including both loan purchases, sales, reconciliation, and reporting associated with the transactions
- Assists with partner relationships and financial reporting with charter banks and loan buyers. This often includes weekly or monthly calls/meetings with our external partners
- Performs loan disbursement account reconciliation and maintenance to existing loan
- Records loan accounting entries (general ledger, transaction account) related to monthly loan sale and customer payment activity
- Month-end Loan Reporting for our loan buyers
- Assists with CASL Cash and Liquidity Management as well as Credit Line Management with charter banks
- Performs certain daily funding activities and requests with charter banks
- Assists with other Ad Hoc finance/accounting needs: such as assisting with account payable payments, office purchase needs
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or equivalent from a 4-year college or university: or knowledge typically gained through a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in Finance/Accounting Operations, Loan Administration, Settlement; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of loan transaction general ledger accounting
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
College Ave Student Loans products are made available through either Firstrust Bank, member FDIC or M.Y. Safra Bank, FSB, member FDIC. All loans are subject to individual approval and adherence to underwriting guidelines. Program restrictions, other terms, and conditions apply.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) THIS LOAN PROGRAM AND ITS ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. CHECK WWW.COLLEGEAVESTUDENTLOANS.COM FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.