Capital Markets and Corporate Funding Analyst
Employees: Approximately 50
College Ave Student Loans ("College Ave") specializes in helping students and families pay for higher education. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best experience and aim to do the same for our employees. At College Ave, we've brought together a top-notch team of selfless problem solvers, each dedicated to doing the right thing for our customers. Our financial services experience runs deep, but our love of corporate red-tape does not, so we've created an environment that is comfortable, performance driven, and extremely collaborative. While we don't take ourselves too seriously, we understand the commitment our customers are making and always give the professional dedication they deserve. We're looking for honesty and integrity; adaptability and a strong work ethic; a sense of humor and an entrepreneurial spirit. We say what we do and do what we say; we want people to speak up and offer constructive feedback and critique; and we are looking for people who are team players, invested in the company's overall success. As a result, there is a single bonus plan for all staff, College Ave's plans and priorities are made available to everyone in the organization, and information is shared within and across functional groups in a transparent manner.
Capital Markets and Corporate Funding Analyst
THE POSITION SUMMARY
This is a new position reflecting the growth and the corresponding increasing complexity of the organization. This role is highly visible, and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to the sustainable funding and success of College Ave. The most fundamental responsibility is to execute the company’s capital markets objective of becoming a regular issuer in the ABS market. This is the foundation of the company’s funding strategy, but it is complemented by whole loan sales, flow purchase agreements, warehouse structures, and working capital financing, to include traditional bank borrowing, advance funding of asset sales and debt issuance. The CMCFA will run point on all of these initiatives. The successful candidate will be an adept modeler with sufficient quantitative skills to lead the modeling of securitization deals, whilst also demonstrating the emotional intelligence and interpersonal savvy to lead on all existing and prospective investor relationships. Sound analytics is the foundation for the CMCFA to become the go-to person in the organization to facilitate all funding initiatives, including, but not limited to, ABS transactions. This is a fabulous opportunity to deepen knowledge of loan sales and securitization processes whilst gaining exposure to a broad array of investors as well as all areas of the company. The CMCFA will interact with the COO, CMO, CLO and CCO to design, execute and follow through on all transactions. As such this executive becomes a key player amongst the leadership team as s/he is the only person beyond the CFO to manage the funding of the company.
The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Working with banks and brokers, analyze and prepare materials to structure all securitization opportunities;
- Provide support to all research studies and prepare information brochures and required materials for all prospective investors;
- Own the investor experience – maintain and enhance relationships, prepare presentations, participate in sales meetings and analyze all market intelligence programs;
- Develop flow purchase and asset sale agreements with banks and hedge funds;
- Maintain and expand warehouse funding facilities;
- Prepare various capital market reports on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Analyze all quarterly reports for investors and identify appropriate market trends for all fund investments;
- Assist various departments in all capital projects for capital markets.
- Working with senior internal stakeholders to manage product range and capacity (CMO, COO), credit risk profiles (CCO), dependencies such as settlement and pool concentrations (CLO, COO), and legal and compliance issues (CLO);
- Source working capital to fund seasonality of core business;
- Administer and prepare cash flow models for financial structures;
- Develop financial terms and conditions and review all investment value;
- Demonstrate leadership and business savvy with internal and external stakeholders.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- An MBA in Finance;
- An understanding of how structured finance works;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex data results to CASL leadership, investors and other key stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and creative thinker;
- The potential to grow with College Ave into a successful and seasoned executive;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
College Ave Student Loans products are made available through either Firstrust Bank, member FDIC or M.Y. Safra Bank, FSB, member FDIC. All loans are subject to individual approval and adherence to underwriting guidelines. Program restrictions, other terms, and conditions apply.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE (IN WHOLE OR IN PART) THIS LOAN PROGRAM AND ITS ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. CHECK WWW.COLLEGEAVESTUDENTLOANS.COM FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.